Whip Up These Leftover Easter Candy Rice Krispie Treats
Yesterday was Easter Sunday, which means the Easter Bunny hopped throughout your home late Saturday evening. Then, yesterday morning you woke up to plenty of treats and gifts. Don't let all of that candy go to waste. Now that you have gobbled up all of the sweet treats you can, you are ready to get the candy clutter out of your home. Don't dump all of that sugary goodness in the trash. Make use of your leftover Easter candy with these eggcelent Rice Krispie Treats!
Here's What You Will Need
In regards to tools around the kitchen, gather the following:
- 1 Large pot
- Measuring cups
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- 8x8 Baking pan
- Parchment paper
Now that you have the tools, make sure you have the following ingredients on hand:
- Rice Krispies cereal
- Jelly beans
- Reese's eggs
- Mini Cadbury eggs
- Marshmallow Peeps (mini marshmallows will work as well)
Step by Step Instructions
- First, you will line the 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Now, heat the butter in a large pot over the stop. Keep the heat on low. Once the butter has completely melted, it's time to add in everyone's favorite Easter treat: the marshmallow Peeps. Mix together.
- Now that the marshmallows and butter are combined, it's time to fold in the Rice Krispies. Use a spatula to thoroughly combine.
- Once the Krispies are fully mixed in, fold in all of the Easter candy.
- Now that all of the ingredients are mixed together, pat the sticky mixture into the baking pan. Allow time for the mixture to cool for 30 minutes in the fridge before digging in.
- Once 30 minutes have passed, cut the treat into squares and enjoy! It's just that simple.
Craving a sweet ride? Head over to Warrenton Toyota to explore our excellent inventory. Contact us today!
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.