Make Sure Your Furry Friends Have Clean Toys
You know the saying “a dog’s mouth is cleaner than a human’s?” Even if that is the case, your pet is constantly running around with germy bones, balls, and ropes in its mouth. With that being said, when was the last time you properly sanitized these items? On your weekly cleaning list, this task probably isn’t at the top of your to-dos next to vacuum the floors or wipe down the counters, but we are here to encourage and show you how to clean your furry friend’s toys.
Keeping Clean With Safe Products
First things first, you have to remember these items are going into your little guy or girl’s mouth, so you have to be careful and use harmless products, which means bleach, peroxide, and Lysol type products are all nos. Let’s keep your pup safe! Here is what you’ll need: vinegar and water. It’s just that simple. Vinegar is gentle and can be easily digested. Although, outdoor toys might need a little bit more attention, so make sure to double up on your vinegar dosage.
Instructions For Rubber, Silicone, and Nylon Toys
- These toys can be hand washed. Mix 5% vinegar and a warm water solution.
- Add in your toys, and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Next, gently scrub with a clean sponge or brush. You will be amazed at the dirt build-up!
- Lastly, before returning to your pup, make sure you thoroughly rinse the toy and dry it. You don’t want bacteria to grow because the toy is still wet.
You might also like: Try These Homemade Pies
Instructions For Plush Toys
- Easy enough, plush toys are machine washable. So, head over to your laundry room.
- Next, pour 1/4 cup vinegar into your washing machine, in replacement for laundry detergent.
- Wash on your gentle cycle.
- Once the load is finished, to dry the toys, you can lay them flat, hang them up, or use your dryer to tumble dry.
Keeping your furry friends healthy and safe doesn’t take up much of your time! With these four steps, dog toys will smell and look better.
Now that your pup is happy, let’s talk about you. There’s something special about an extra clean, new car. Come see us at Warrenton Toyota to shop today!