Ring In The New Year With This Tasty Desserts
The new year sure is sweet! Whether you consider yourself a professional in the kitchen or if you’re one of those people who can hardly remember how to turn on the oven, we have the best dessert recipes for you. This simple and sweet treat can all be made in ample time, and it tastes absolutely delicious. We have picked out the Shortbread Jammers to try out!
What You Need
- Unsalted Butter- ½ pound at room temperature
- Granulated Sugar- ¾ cup
- Fine Sea Salt- 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract- 1 teaspoon
- All-Purpose Flour- 2 cups
- Rice Flour- 1/3 cup- may be substituted with all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of your choice of thick fruit jam, preserves, or marmalade
You might also like: Enjoy Your Holiday Dinner With These Sides
What You Do
- Preheat your oven at 325 degrees. Lightly butter an 8x8 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar at a medium-level speed for about 3 minutes.
- Add salt and vanilla and continue to beat until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Put your flour in the mixture and beat until the dough comes together.
- Press out the dough evenly onto the prepared baking dish. Prick it with a fork in about 20 places.
- Cut the edges off and crumble them to make a sprinkle-like look.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Cut into squares and let it cool.
- Spread a thick layer of jam on each square then cover with the crumb sprinkles.
These shortbread jammers aren’t the only sweet thing you should try out in 2022. Take a look at our inventory online or in person to find yourself a sweet new ride from Warrenton Toyota! We’ve got the goodies that you’re looking for and the best financial staff to help you get the most bang for your buck! In need of a new service mechanic? Look no further! Our service crew is sure to get your vehicle all fixed up and send you on your way with a smile!